Aurora Generator - 5 Year Limited Warranty
The limited warranty applies to new standby generators manufactured by Aurora Generators Inc. in Canada and delivered to the first user.
PERKINS ENGINE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY
Perkins engines come with a two year or 3,000 hour warranty – and even longer in countries with stricter emissions standards. The warranties are fully comprehensive and cover parts, labor and other related items.
There is also an option to buy a Perkins Platinum Protection Policy to cover you beyond the standard warranty period and core components such as the engine block and cylinder head which come with a 36 month guarantee.
Perkins designs and builds their engines to last as long as possible. They are so confident of their longevity that every single engine which leaves their factory comes complete with a two year or 3,000 hour warranty, whichever occurs sooner, as a bare minimum in case you experience a fault.
Activating the warranty requires no specific action on your part. It is a standard part of the package, though to maintain its validity, you do have to service your engine in accordance with the recommended servicing regime.
The warranty is comprehensive and covers all parts and labor plus miscellaneous items such as the travel costs of engineers to repair the engine. The benefit is that even if your machine is down, you will not be out of pocket.
STANDBY GENERATOR WARRANTY
(5) FIVE YEARS - Aurora at its sole discretion will, by repair or replacement, remedy any failure of a generator and its components (not including the engine) which is due to a defect in the workmanship or materials. All warranty repairs must be carried out as per the service options offered in this warranty policy. The engine is not included in this 5 Year Warranty.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Through a web-based self-service portal, users can create, view, and monitor support tickets through to resolution. Aurora Generators may request proof of purchase details, service records or ask questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues. A technical support member or service adviser will be able to followup by telephone when required. Aurora will determine whether your product requires service and if it does, what service options can be used.
Aurora will provide warranty service through one or more of the following options:
- Carry-in service: You may return your Aurora Generator to an Aurora Authorized Service Provider location offering carry-in service. Once you are notified that service is complete, you will promptly retrieve the Aurora Product.
- On-site Service: Service is available for engine related failures by the engine manufacturer. During the warranty period, there is no charge for travel, labor and materials.
- Do-it-yourself (DIY) Service: - DIY lets you service your own generator with parts, instructions and direction from Aurora. Aurora may require the replaced part(s) be returned and or inspected before being replaced. Aurora is not responsible for any labor costs, you incur relating to DIY parts service.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONSUnder the terms and conditions of the warranty policy, Aurora will not be liable for:
- Determining whether any generator is suitable for the buyer or any third party intended use or application.
- Costs of normal maintenance or regular interval servicing of the engine.
- Damage arising from failure to follow technical specifications, user operation, and maintenance manuals or instructions relating to the use of the generator and operation outside published guidelines.
- Consumable parts such as batteries unless the failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship.
- Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches and dents.
- Damage caused by use with another product.
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, for or an act of God.
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to exhausting the useful life of the generator.
- Generators used as rental equipment or any other application where the generator was not designed for gradual reduction in operating performance commensurate with the age, or operating hours, including but not limited to gradual loss of engine compression or gradual increase in oil consumption due to normal operating functions.
Any failure to meet its obligations hereunder which is due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to industrial disputes, fire, severe weather conditions, government decisions, materials shortage, power or machinery breakdown or failure or war. Aurora reserves the right to refuse Warranty policy are for reasons including but not limited to, force majeure, but also due to of environmental hazard, local or political upheaval. In such cases where the warranty policy is refused, alternative product support agreements may be sought that meet the warranty terms of the product concerned without undue personal safety undermined.
IN NO EVENT WILL Aurora BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO OTHER PROPERTY, INCONVENIENCE, COMMERCIAL LOSS, OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER.
Questions? Call 1-877-510-6807