Diesel Engine Reliability - Diesel Generators
Diesel Engine Reliability
- Liquid cooled cast steel block and cylinder head
- A diesel generator has an engine life of approximately 15-20 times longer than a conventional gasoline, LPG or NG engine equipped
- Cleaner emissions meeting current EPA standards
- Most diesel generator systems operate at 1800 RPM
- Diesel generators can run longer continuous hours
- Less maintenance due to higher quality stronger built engines and less wearable parts
- Diesel fuel is easier and more readily available
- Diesel fuel is the safest least volatile fuel source
- Diesel engine equipped generators are typically 4x less expensive to operate based on fuel cost and consumption alone.
- Diesel generators do not require exercising as frequently
- Best suited and warrantable in commercial applications
- Best suited and warrantable in Prime Power applications
- Less expensive installation due to either no Liquid Propane Gas (LPG) system or natural gas (NG) installation, or upgrade.